Information, guides and toolkits on net zero and renewable energy.
Energy Hub Guides
- Local Project Support – a guide to the Local Capacity Support programme for strategic projects (PDF, 109Kb)
- The Local Energy Guide – this guide to local energy schemes provides an update on the status of the sector (PDF, 268Kb)
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Local Energy – this guide is written with local authorities or community energy groups undertaking their first foray into energy projects in mind (PDF, 382Kb)
- Reminders: Resources for Managing Investment and Delivery of Energy and Renewables Schemes – for use by public sector organisations to raise awareness of best practice and funding options and enabling programmes to drive public and private sector investment in clean energy infrastructure.
- Transforming Energy: The Power of Local Toolkit – Bristol Energy Network (BEN) has developed this toolkit for community groups and local authorities to help them understand each other better and to provide ideas for how best to work together (PDF, 1.19Mb)
- Power Paired – A matchmaking service for community energy groups and the owners of sites with renewable energy potential (external website).
- IMPACT: The Community Carbon Calculator Tool – gives small communities data on their carbon emissions (external website)
- PCAN Find Your Place – The Place-based Climate Action Network (PCAN) lookup resource can tell you what opportunities your city or community have, and what is being done to unlock those opportunities. [external website]
Finance and investment
- Community Energy England Funding Opportunities (external website)
- Cost of Energy Review 2017, Dieter Helm (PDF, 6.58Mb)
- Financing Heat Networks in the UK Guidebook (PDF, 4.78Mb)
- Heat Network Electricity Revenues and Licencing Guidance (PDF, 6.92Mb)
- Local Government in England: Capital Finance (external website)
- Local Supply: Options for Selling Your Energy Locally (PDF, 588Kb)
- Hydrogen Supply Chain: Evidence Base (external website)
- Western Power Freedom Project: Flexible Residential Energy Efficiency Demand Optimisation and Management (external website)
- Decentralised Energy Schemes in Rural and Urban Fringe Areas in the UK: Executive Summary of report by Tees Valley Combined Authority (PDF, 1.1Mb)
- Decentralised Energy Schemes in Rural and Urban Fringe Areas in the UK: Final Report by Tees Valley Combined Authority (PDF, 5.8Mb)
- Establishing Local Authority Joint Venture: Midlands Energy Hub (PDF, 1.7Mb)
- The Local Authority Domestic Retrofit Handbook (PDF, 1.65Mb)
- The Retrofit Playbook (external website)
- The Retrofit Interative Map (external website)
- The Scatter Tool – a local authority focused emissions tool (external website)
- Hotmaps – a GIS-based online software that supports authorities and energy planners to set up a strategic heating and cooling plan for their region (external website)
- The Mackay Carbon Calculator [external website] – This BEIS funded calculator provides a model of the UK energy system that allows you to explore pathways to decarbonisation, including net zero by 2050. There are two versions, a simplified, ‘universal’ version called My2050 and a detailed version.
- New Build: Net Zero Operational Carbon (PDF, 191Kb)
- Council Tax and Business Rate Incentive Feasibility and Design Studies in East Devon – A Study to assess the feasibility of a pilot project which could use Council Tax and/or Business Rates incentives to stimulate the market for energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Council Tax and Business Rates Feasibility and Design Studies – Stroud District Council Carbon Neutral Team – An outline of the findings of a feasibility study investigating the potential to introduce council tax and/or business rate incentives to encourage households and businesses to improve their energy efficiency and hence reduce their carbon emissions.